Operations and technicians
Senior Maintenance Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for providing technical support and performance improving initiatives for the SGRE Direct Drive Platform
Join us in this role where you’ll support our Siemens Gamesa direct drive offshore wind farms with activities ranging from technical support to lifecycle transition projects. To support you in the daily work, you’ll be part of a highly skilled and innovative network of direct drive specialists constantly in search of new ways of improving our wind turbine performance. You’ll report to the Head of Fleet Support, and for campaigns and projects, you’ll work together with the Fleet Support Platform Lead.
Welcome to Fleet Support Europe
You’ll be part of the WTG Platform Specialist team where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver WTG technical support and case escalation, facilitate regional knowledge sharing, and contribute to projects related to increasing yield and reducing costs. You’ll collaborate with the SGRE Direct Drive team who’s in charge of three platforms, two wind turbine generators (WTGs) and one transmission asset, and consists of eight highly-skilled senior specialists. All of which are working closely together with our site and regional stakeholders and a strong technical documentation team. In our team, you’ll find a collaborative and engaging culture with a strong focus on utilising talent and skills to create innovative solutions supporting our WTG operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing and ensuring safe working conditions for yourself and your colleagues by being part of our strong QHSE culture
- handling communication and technical support following our technical support escalation model and providing support based on your own expertise and network of colleagues in the organisation
- driving and supporting site transition projects in corporation with our Operation Preparation team, as well as securing a seamless site transition out of SWA and into operation
- driving and developing our knowledge sharing tools and processes, performing training of the technical site supervisors, and supporting the facilitation and preparation of technical meetings
- supporting development of new tools and initiatives for WTG conditioning and monitoring and contributing to operations philosophy for parameter changes and remote operation procedures.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a higher engineering qualification or similar skills gained from extensive experience with offshore WTG`s, specifically on the newer SGRE – Direct Drive platform
- have solid knowledge of maintenance management and WTG control systems, incl. project management within the offshore WTG industry
- are a safety-focused individual with a strong safety behaviour
- preferably have a growth mindset with a proactive approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently and thrive in an international environment.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than [[applicationDeadline]]. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact [[vpOfStaffingName]], [[contactPersonTitle]], on [[vpOfStaffingPhone]] if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.