IT and digital
Senior Cloud Data Platform Engineer
Imagine a future where you work in the world’s most innovative energy enterprise aiming to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll perform both development and internal support tasks in a team of data enthusiasts who are passionate about developing platform solutions that enable the use of data in our system within the organisation. Our OT data platform is a modern cloud-based data platform facilitating the collection, processing, and consumption of data from all our assets and making it available to analysts, data scientists, machine learning models, and operational consumers.
Welcome to the Platforms & Integration Competency Centre
You’ll be part of the Platforms & Integration Competency Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver value to the business across an IT organisation with more than 1000 employees. You’ll be a central part of our team evolving, developing, and maintaining the common infrastructure, and tooling of our OT Data platform. As a team, we enjoy working in a highly flexible and inclusive manner and we hire talents from a diverse variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger.
You’ll play an important role in:
- continuously improving, monitoring, maintaining, and extending the individual elements of the Data Ecosystem infrastructure in the cloud using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) implementation
- ensuring that the Data Ecosystem is secure, stable, cost effective, and scalable
- participating in Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and evaluating new tools and technologies
- collaborating with architects to set guidelines and standards
- investigating automated alerts and incidents reported by data engineers and data scientists
- cooperating closely with cloud architects to comply with company standards.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience in Terraform to deploy, maintain, monitor, and secure Azure resources
- have Kubernetes Administration expertise with Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) certification and guidance to developers
- have experience with automation, version control, DevOps, and CI/CD, using Azure DevOps
- are familiar with enterprise integration patterns using Kafka and general IT security within the integration area
- have experience with scripting languages, incl. Python, Bash, and Powershell
- are familiar with SAFe agile methodology and are good at communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 01 December 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.