Operations and technicians
Lead Blades, Global Operations
Imagine a future where you play a key role in setting the standard for how to
Join us in this role where you’ll set the standard for how to ensure the integrity of our offshore blades globally. You’ll be set the technical direction for how to operate globally in the most efficient and safe manner, through dialoguing with our Engineering team, third party contractors, and a vast suite of internal stakeholders. You’ll be leading the technical side of a highly skilled and engaged team, where you’ll be handling some of the most complex challenges in Operations.
Welcome to Global Operations
You’ll be part of Asset Integrity Management where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the integrity and maintenance of our offshore blades globally. You’ll engage with key stakeholders around the organisation to ensure we are set up to be as efficient as possible when ensuring the integrity of our offshore blades. You’ll also be a leading part of innovative initiatives, both in relation to new inspection and repair methods. As a team, we set the standard globally and work across all regions and cultures, embracing diversity. Individual and team development is our guiding thread, to ensure we are always high performers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the daily technical prioritisation within the team and ensuring that we consistently deliver high-quality results at the right time
- strategically setting the technical direction for the next few years, in relation to the integrity and maintenance of blades
- being in the driver’s seat in relation to our digital and innovate journey
- proactively ensuring cooperation in relation to corrective actions and the ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- functioning as scrum master within the team, as this is the method used for the prioritisation and visualisation of deliverables.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor's degree in engineering, significant experience from the wind turbine blade industry, or the equivalent combination of both education and experience
- are experienced in technically leading and driving a team of specialists with deep functional knowledge
- thrive working in an international environment, are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders, and have experience with both internal and external stakeholder management
- possess a strong drive to perform as an individual, and more importantly, as a team
- prefer to work with processes and standardisation.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Pedersen, Head of Blades, Cables and Structural, on (Denmark +45) 99558588, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.