IT and digital
SCADA Engineer - IT Early Careers
Imagine a future where unleash your potential as an IT professional, creating IT solutions to support our green energy organisation
Kickstart your career through our IT Early Careers development opportunity. We offer you a position where we’ll have an increased focus on developing your talent within a specialised IT area the first two years. You’ll learn from experts within the field, work with colleagues across the world, and experience a steep learning curve designed to unleash your potential.
Welcome to the IT Early Careers
The IT Early Careers programme is an early-career opportunity for you If you’re graduating with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the summer of 2023.
Join us in this role where you’ll solve IT business challenges and engage in our day-to-day business decisions. As part of personal development plan, you’ll be assigned to a specific IT delivery organisation where you’ll grow and build the competences to provide IT solutions for a relevant business area. You’ll work on automating processes essential for IT business efficiency, provide value via solutions that enhance security, ensure proper infrastructures for our solutions and, together with data engineers, help set the future of the IT data landscape. Throughout your experiences, you’ll apply multiple IT principles by design in a global context. As a team, we follow the principles of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and Agile methodologies, as well as emphasise collaboration, continuous improvement, and cross-functional alignment to deliver our goals efficiently.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and supporting SCADA, Wonderware, and OSISoft systems besides planning, upgrading, installing, configurating, supporting, and maintaining OSIsoft PI System servers
- handling tasks together with teams as well as independently and ensuring high-quality deliveries through your interaction with customers and colleagues
- extracting key system data for business analysis, ensuring a high level of IT security for these databases
- solving incident ticket within the SLA, planning and patching support on all systems, providing on-duty guard support for major incidents
- controlling power plant site upgrades, such as T2000 to T3000, setting up new connections, and securing a stable operation to these systems
- the expansion of grid services in SCADA systems and continuing the support on Bio Thermal business applications and V-Node plans.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a degree in business or IT prior to 1 October 2022, with excellent results
- are eager to learn new technologies and are interested in integration techniques, automation, and tools
- possess strong analytical skills, a high level of personal drive, and are a fast learner
- possess an international, collaborative mindset and an ambition to be the best in your field
- take a proactive approach to your work and possess good communication skills, enabling you to establish constructive relationships with your stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.