Strategy and business development
Senior Energy Analyst
Imagine a future where you lead technical and numerical expertise to inform technology selection and energy yield that helps build a world that runs on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team of experts in analysis of meteorological data, energy modelling, and energy prediction calculation, as well as supporting the evaluation and development of prospective and existing wind farms. The role will be primarily focused on the Irish and UK onshore market, with occasional work for other regions.
Welcome to Project Delivery
You’ll be part of Project Delivery where you, together with your colleagues, will play a key role in supporting the growth of onshore wind projects through assessment of greenfield, acquisition, and pre-construction sites. You’ll oversee technical deliverables to support project development and commercialisation primarily in the key value driver areas of preliminary site design/optimisation and resource assessment/production estimates.
As a team, we have an open-minded and engaged culture where we challenge the status quo and take good care of each other. We strive to embrace learning opportunities to better the team and internal analysis processes.
You’ll play an important role in:
- producing and future proofing wind farm layout designs and high-quality pre-construction energy analysis estimates
- designing and managing site-specific measurement campaigns, incl. installation, overseeing data collection, and reporting of site measurements data from meteorological equipment
- liaising with turbine suppliers regarding turbine suitability, technology options, and optimisation, also providing input into technical aspects of turbine supply agreements
- managing and reviewing third-party energy yield assessment reports and communicating site-specific risks and opportunities as part of due diligence of potential acquisition projects
- developing in-house tools to analyse wind data sets and operational performance data, always ensuring that energy analysis methodologies are up-to-date and efficient
- carrying out quality assurance of work your colleagues in the department produce to ensure that a high standard and consistency of analysis is maintained.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have master’s-level qualification in mathematics, atmospheric science, engineering, or related discipline
- are strongly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgment, with aptitude for statistical analysis and can show initiative to solve problems and provide innovative ideas
- are commercially aware with the ability to identify and mitigate technical risks with significant commercial implications
- have proven professional experience performing energy yield analysis, layout design, and site-specific wind conditions using standard wind resource software, CFD modelling and ideally analysis using Python
- have the ability to communicate technical issues to non-specialist colleagues, managing a team of technical experts, and working in a matrix-managed environment with teams based in multiple office locations
- are fluent in English and have an Irish/UK driving licence.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 5 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andy Cheng, Wind Technical Manager, on +447442105650, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.