Operations and technicians
Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist / Lean Six Sigma
Imagine a future where you play a key role in implementing and anchoring our operational processes and building a continuous improvement culture
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for implementing and sustaining a continuous improvement culture and practice at our operations and maintenance sites in North America as well as supporting the local leaders to successfully implement and anchor standard operational processes. This is done through close collaboration with the local site team and your LEAN Engagement colleagues in Europe.
Welcome to Operations People and Process Excellence
You’ll be part of our LEAN Engagement team where you, together with your colleagues, will work with people with diverse competencies in Global Operations and in the Americas region . A Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist is an important part of driving the performance in Operations and you’ll be involved in everything from the strategy deployment process to driving improvement projects with all levels of the organisation. As a team, we nurture a culture where we deliver honest and caring feedback to each other and our stakeholders. We’re curious to understand the context of where we operate and the people we engage.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting implementation and sustainment of the Operations (lean) Production System through on-site implementation projects at our operations and maintenance sites
- leading improvement projects at site to improve performance and strengthen the continuous improvement culture
- coaching the leaders at all levels in their lean leadership transformation by providing training, coaching, and mentoring
- supporting, coaching, and advising initiatives on how to successfully manage the people side of change to enhance the benefits and adoption rates of the new ways of working
- working closely with regional process drivers and leaders to define, execute, adjust, and monitor the regional implementation plan for global standards
- supporting regional leadership teams in setting targets and deploying the strategy.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have some experience from working in an operational excellence or continuous improvement role in manufacturing, operations, logistics, or similar environment, preferably in offshore wind
- have good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and reach agreement through flexibility and compromise within a multicultural organisation
- have significant experience facilitating workshops and liaising with end users from top management down to the end user with technical knowledge
- can work independently, and at the same time, be excellent at working within rapidly changing teams, where resources are scarce, and flexibility is needed
- have experience with process management and process implementation as well proven change management skills
- have experience in leadership coaching and comfortable in setting and achieving mid- to long-term objectives that have impacts on others.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 10, 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.