Senior Category Manager - Floating Foundations & Mooring
Imagine a future where you lead supply chain strategies, as category manager for floating wind within an industry-leading company pushing for global change
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for our commercial baseline and be a key driver for our supply chain strategy and the development of our global supply chain across the world. You’ll be part of a highly capable team with both technical and commercial expertise. We’re looking for an ambitious and talented category manager within the field of Floating Foundations & Mooring, who can drive change and overcome challenges.
Welcome to DEVEX and CAPEX Procurement
You’ll be part of the Floating Wind Supply Chain & Procurement team where you, together with your colleagues, will develop and drive world-class category management in floating offshore wind. You’ll develop the supply chain strategy for the newly established Floating Foundations & Mooring category, and you’ll be the main person responsible for seeing that strategy through to realisation by working with colleagues in the technical organisation and project-oriented departments, as well as with external parties such as suppliers and partners.
As a team, we value flexibility, being self-driven, good collaboration, and the possibility to grow as a person.
You’ll play an important role in:
- screening, understanding, and developing a fit-for-purpose supply chain, whether based on large EPC contracts, multi-contracting, or a combination of the two
- developing the category strategy for floating wind, most importantly floating foundation developers, floater manufacturers, and mooring and anchor suppliers
- advising the floating wind business on contracting models, package composition, and go-to market strategy
- constantly staying on top of current market developments and supplier landscapes
- conducting cost structure analyses
- leading negotiations and sourcing projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in engineering or in the commercial field and have successfully created and executed procurement strategies for complex technologies and supply chains and know how to guide the process end-to-end
- have relevant experience from Offshore Wind, Oil & Gas, heavy steel, and/or concrete manufacturing
- have a strong business orientation and experience with supplier development, should-cost analysis, various contracting models, and risk-sharing strategies for complex, managed, asset-heavy services
- have excellent negotiation and communication skills, combined with a driven personality, enabling you to take the lead and create results
- speak and write English fluently, are innovative, and can manage change, as the floating wind business grows from a lean start-up-like unit to a more experienced delivery organisation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Joern Mester, Head of Floating Wind, on (Denmark +45) 99558131, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.