Sales and energy trading
Data Analytics Lead
Imagine a future where you’ll lead our trading data analytics team within the Irish market
Join us in this role where you’ll be leading our trading and data analytics team managing and optimising our onshore wind and green supply positions in the Irish power markets. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and develop in a fast-moving team at the cutting edge of the renewable energy industry.
Welcome to Short Term Trading Optimisation
You’ll be part of Data Analytics where you, together with your colleagues, will manage our portfolio through creation of trading strategies, data management, visualisations, and market analysis. The team is based in Cork, Ireland but we collaborate with colleagues in Denmark and other countries. The ideal candidate has previous experience within data analytics, but a management background is not required. For example, you might be a quantitative analyst looking to grow and develop leadership skills.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading a team of two quantitative analysts leveraging your technical expertise
- collaborating very closely with traders in an informal and lively work environment
- developing and maintaining tools used by traders for optimising our onshore wind and green supply positions in the market
- managing and developing data views to support trader self-service analytics
- occasionally being part of the trading rota, which will involve out-of-hours and weekend work at times and will be a great opportunity to develop trading skills.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an interest in power markets and the wider energy transition
- have developed analytical skills, complemented by attention to detail
- have experience with SQL and the Python data stack,
- can work effectively across borders and be part of a distributed organization
- are a natural communicator both in written and oral form
- have a get-stuff-done mentality and are comfortable with trade-offs between speed and quality when needed.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14th December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Edoardo Simioni , Head of Short Term Trading Optimisation, on +4599556455, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.