Finance and controlling
Manager, Finance & BD
Imagine a future where you’re part of a caring and ambitious team of colleagues who deliver high-profile transactions and investment decisions
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for supporting the execution and oversight of project financings, M&A transactions, divestments, sell-downs, and investment approvals, in alignment with our U.S. strategic objectives. You’ll provide input and support to U.S. financing and business development for our organization in North America across primary renewable energy technologies, incl. wind, solar, and storage, as well as supporting expansion technologies, from offshore wind and small solar, to hydrogen and a range of other sources.
Welcome to Onshore Commercial
You’ll be part of Finance & Business Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of the Project Finance and Business Development team and support the business with raising tax equity, advancing the organic pipeline of projects, and leading M&A transactions. The team consists of about 20 people who are driven, passionate, and highly skilled.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading and supporting collaboration with key stakeholders and senior leaders to develop and execute strategy for all financing activities to meet our targets as an organization
- independently directing coordination and relationships across internal functional groups, third-party financing parties, and outside advisors, in order to drive successful execution
- building and maintaining key external relationships with investors, peers for constantly improving our standing in the industry
- proactively identifying key value drivers, binary transaction issues, and proposing solutions to de-risk transactions
- supporting and leading deal documentation, incl. negotiating with counterparties on economic and non-economic terms where applicable
- forming a recommendation, drafting an execution plan, preparing materials, and coordinating the process for the ExComm and/or Investment Committee approval processes, when appropriate.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least five to ten years’ experience in project finance and/or M&A roles focused primarily on utility-scale wind or solar projects with demonstrated transaction execution experience, particularly in tax equity
- possess excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- hold a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or engineering
- demonstrate keen attention to detail, with the capacity to drive and teach best practices to analysts and/or managers
- are a highly competent user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- can manage multiple tasks and drive high-level performance from team members in a deadline-driven environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-10-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.