IT and digital
Imagine a future where you digitize and automate onshore’s solar, wind, and battery performance monitoring in the world’s most sustainable energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect, build, and govern solutions that provide the foundation for a cloud-based analytics platform for our onshore business unit, tapping into the enterprise solution.
Welcome to Asset Performance
You’ll be part of Data Science team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for creation, deployment, and maintenance of information to be used by the Asset Performance team, which feeds reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analysis prepared for the broader Onshore stakeholders. You’ll be communicating with various groups of stakeholders and collaborating with data scientists and performance analysts to provide recommendations on the data infrastructure and working templates withing the team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and building efficient data pipelines (ETLs) for modern cloud-based analytics from a variety of sources using industry best practices
- maintaining the existing production pipelines and troubleshooting issues, such as software bugs and problems related to data quality to ensure continuous monitoring of the organization’s onshore fleet performance
- participating in the development of data science products to support understanding and improvement of wind, solar, and battery storage facility performance
- writing production-grade Python and SQL code with automated tests
- designing and improving data infrastructures and standards for automation, optimization, and scalability
- communicating with data scientists, performance analysts, and fleet engineers by satisfying pipelines requests, identifying performance issues, and supporting initiatives across teams within onshore.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have one to three years of experience in data engineering using time series data within the energy, science, academic, or related fields
- demonstrate expertise in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, and productionization of data science products
- have substantial experience with RDBMS and SQL or similar and are fluent in Python for data science
- have experience in monitoring and orchestrating data pipelines in Databricks or similar and cloud platforms (Azure preferred) with Spark/PySpark being a plus
- have experience with Linux and Linux-based applications
- hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related technical field.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-10-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.