Engineering and construction
Electrical Engineering Graduate
Step closer to understanding your own potential in a rapidly growing offshore wind industry and kickstart your career with a global green energy leader
The Ørsted Graduate Program is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Global Graduate Program consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
You’ll get concrete career opportunities upon completion and a unique chance to be part of a developing US Offshore Wind Electrical team. You’ll start in a department focusing on cyber security in critical infrastructure projects and move to other departments working with substation control systems and high voltage protection systems, while maintaining a focus on cyber security for the components in these systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring compliance of critical energy production infrastructure with the IT/OT security standards, in particular NERC-CIP
- being responsible for assessing IT/OT-security for internal and third-party networks and infrastructure components comprising the wind farm
- collaborating with SCADA control specialists to design and procure a safe metering and substation control systems infrastructure
- collaborating with high-voltage protection systems specialists to propose solutions that meet both electrical systems specific requirements and NERC-CIP security restrictions
- assisting the responsible engineers on wind farm development projects to supply engineering of the different modules that constitute a complete network, incl. SCS, metering, and protection systems.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering or related field from before September 1, 2023
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to communicate efficiently
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks effectively
- are self-motivated, a quick learner, and enjoy meeting new people
- can engage with business stakeholders and adapt to a commercial mindset.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your application, CV, and most recent grade transcripts as soon as possible and no later than October 8, 2022. We’ll conduct interviews shortly after.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, TA Operations Team, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you have any questions.
Step closer to a career as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted, we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Global Graduate Program overview, and find out how you can help us turn visions into reality: Global Graduate Program | Ørsted Careers (orsted.com)