Engineering and construction
Senior Numerical Specialist
Imagine a future where your state-of-the-art numerical models and tools drive the creation of offshore wind farms, enabling a green transformation
Join us in this role where you’ll drive the design and implementation of mathematical models and software systems, used by domain experts and engineers across our organisation, to design the next generation logistics, layout, and power-to-X solutions. Our main responsibility is to ensure robust and reliable tools through good software development practices and expert knowledge within a large range of mathematical disciplines. The role allows you to continuously sharpen your numerical and development skills whilst seeing the impact of your deliverables.
Welcome to Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of Modelling Solutions where you, together with your colleagues in Malaysia and across the globe, will drive the delivery of state-of-the-art mathematical models to push the current limits of the processes and tools used for driving the transformation into a renewable energy landscape. We’re a team of 50 highly skilled Numerical Specialists and Product Managers who excel in mathematical modelling and tool creation, help each other with collaboration and feedback, introducing innovation in the whole organisation. As an ambitious and bright team player, you’ll work creatively with colleagues from across the organisation, developing advanced mathematical models, mutual understanding with subject matter experts, and adding value to the business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining in-house modelling software to enable our mission
- scoping in-house modelling and machine learning tools
- identifying opportunities within the business where machine learning and mathematical modelling can be used to improve the current processes
- creating and maintaining university collaborations
- ultimately driving towards a world that runs entirely on green energy.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have good experience with modelling, statistical methods, and machine learning
- are analytically strong with a commercial mindset and can communicate complex matters in a straightforward manner
- are proficient or have a strong interest in one or more compiled and/or interpreted languages - we primarily use Python or .NET for desktop and web applications
- ideally hold a master’s degree or PhD in the natural sciences or a related field, e.g., computer science, physics, mathematics, etc.
- don’t necessarily check all the points above but are pro-active and a quick learner, and therefore we would also very much like to hear from you.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.