Engineering and construction
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Imagine a future where you take up the technical challenges related to the design and engineering of our substations and Power-to-X plants
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality assurance, and integration of the mechanical systems into onshore and offshore substations and Power-to-X (PtX) projects from the conceptual phase to detailed design and execution. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative technical solutions and assisting our Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team.
Welcome to Power Transmission
You’ll be part of Electrical & Mechanical Engineering where you, together with your talented and motivated colleagues, will contribute to the design, sourcing, integration, and execution of the mechanical scopes within Power Transmission to support Substations and PtX/Hydrogen projects. The department has offices in various locations, in Denmark, London, Warsaw, and Kuala Lumpur, while other interfacing colleagues are spread across The Hague, Hamburg, Singapore, the US, and Taiwan, amongst other locations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the design of mechanical systems on PtX plants and substations, e.g., HVA/C, fire safety systems, compressors, sea water cooling systems, diesel generators, heat exchangers, etc.
- developing technical specifications, functional requirements, design basis, lists, and calculations for mechanical systems for both onshore and offshore substations and PtX project plants
- assessing mechanical engineering solutions within PtX, e.g., electrolysers, e-fuels, and hybrid power plants
- ensuring a high quality of the deliverables according to requirements from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors
- participating in FAT of mechanical systems and commissioning tests if deemed necessary by the Project Manager
- participating in project team meetings and proactively cooperating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a relevant degree in mechanical or marine engineering
- are interested in working with mechanical systems for onshore and offshore substations and PtX plants
- have extensive relevant technical design experience from power plants, HVAC, and HVDC offshore substations, or offshore oil and gas projects
- preferably have a proven track record in designing compressors, heat exchangers, and HVAC systems
- have extensive experience with relevant international standards within the wind industry, offshore industry, and power plants
- have good communication skills and an analytical approach to your work.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mana Saravi, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 24993787 on Tuesdays to Thursdays from 11:00-15:00 CET; Central European Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.