Sales and energy trading
Head of Within Day Power
Imagine a future where you manage a team of traders and optimise the way we bring power from the world’s largest offshore wind portfolio into the market
Join us in this role where you’ll lead a team of seven dedicated and experienced 24/7 traders and play a leading role in trading and balancing the power production from our extensive offshore wind portfolio, developing the future direction of short-term trading. You’ll be responsible for an area with constant challenges from the market conditions, where strategies and people development are key for success.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Market Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will provide the route to market strategies for clean energy coming from the Group’s assets, as well as external customers. You’ll be working in a team of 20 bright and honest colleagues, where you’ll maintain and build good relationships with partners and customers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the team responsible for the intraday markets and balancing our power positions in Northwest Europe
- ensuring continuous positive development in PnL, both on strategic and operational level
- leading and taking your own initiatives with the rest of the team in improving our operational and analytical setup, through participation in development projects and tasks
- continuously developing employees and ensuring a stable operation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a relevant master’s degree within economics, business administration, or finance
- have some experience managing a complex enterprise within finances, operations, or strategy and have market insights, preferably from the commodity market
- have a strong commercial acumen, with a proven performance-oriented track record and a flair for digital development
- possess strong people skills and have a passion for leadership and collaboration both upwards and on team level
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 Oktober 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Blomsterberg, Head of Market Operations, on (Denmark +45) 99559465 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.