Engineering and construction
WTG Commissioning Engineer
Imagine a future where you manage a team that commissions offshore wind farm projects in a rapidly growing global offshore wind market
Join us in this role where you’ll play a key part in the success of the project. You’ll manage all commissioning activities for the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) scope onshore at pre-assembly and offshore, until hand-over to the O&M customer. You’ll be coordinating among stakeholders, managing day-to-day challenges, and taking risk-based decisions to ensure best quality and earliest possible power generation.
Welcome to Fabrication & Commissioning
You’ll be part of Fabrication & Commissioning where you, together with your colleagues, will plan and take care of the entire WTG commissioning scope. You’ll be an integral part of a team with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way.
You’ll play an important role in:
- taking a proactive approach to meet HSE, quality, and reliability targets
- planning and managing scope, time, budget, and resources for supervising the WTG Commissioning activities carried out by the WTG contractor and other sub-contractors to ensure contract compliance
- the daily management of WTG Commissioning supervisors and inspectors, incl. prioritisation of WTG inspection activities, coordination of absence, receipts, and signing of time sheets
- ensuring WTG commissioning activities comply with internal and external requirements and specifications, whilst following local legislation
- reporting WTG commissioning progress to the WTG project manager.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree, as well as experience with quality management and risk management, and have a passion for technology
- are highly safety-oriented and have strong focus on quality
- understand people and have professional experience in multicultural teams, preferably across continents
- have professional experience from the offshore industry, preferably within offshore wind, plus a self-driven attitude and the ability to cope with an ever-changing project development and execution environment
- have strong communication skills and can engage with stakeholders on different levels
- possess good spoken and written English skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29th of January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Dirk Michel, Head of Fabrication & Commissioning, on +49 17 3188 27 44 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office- and home working) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do extensive travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll work on projects that we execute globally, and you’ll be based at the local construction site during the project execution phase.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.