IT and digital
Python Software Engineer
Imagine a future where you become part of an ambitious development team that creatively develops and maintains software solutions for a leading green energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for enabling web-based and desktop applications that support the electrical design process in a simple and user-friendly for ease of usage.
Welcome to IT Business Application
You’ll be part of our Engineering Agile Release Train (ART) team where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of E-ART team where we develop software tools for engineers. You’ll be part of our international IT department, which comprises more than 500 skilled and dedicated colleagues working closely together with the different business units across Northern Europe and in Malaysia. We offer a full slate of benefits, incl. competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, internet allowance, work-life balance, and flexible working hours. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, incl. learning and development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for Wind Power, Customer & Markets, and Thermal Power
- working closely together with internal and external consultants and key resources on the business side
- creating and maintaining software solutions for both internal users and external customers and vendors, program in Python and Angular
- participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint-planning ceremonies with colleagues, as well as ensuring the optimisation of the agile development process.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an academic degree at bachelor level in a relevant field and/or professional certification and credentials
- have experience with software development in Python and Angular or Typescript
- advocate clean coding principles and development best practices, i.e., SOLID, DRY, and have a very good understanding of Object Oriented
- apply best software development practices, incl. source control systems such as git, and conducting code reviews, pull requests, and automated testing, etc.
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate business and technical requirements.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 SEPTEMBER 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, , on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.