Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you assess investment opportunities in the renewable energy sector
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the Commercial Development team tasked with growing the renewable platform in the UK and Ireland through acquisitions and renewable Corporate Power Purchase Agreements (CPPAs).
Welcome to Commercial Development
You’ll be part of Commercial Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be supporting business cases to communicate risks, returns, and recommendations for executive decision makers and the Investment Committee.
You’ll play an important role in:
- financial modelling of acquisition opportunities in the renewable energy sector
- market research to identify new business opportunities
- financial modelling of renewable CPPA opportunities
- contributing to transactions through support for due diligence and commercial negotiations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are familiar with financial modelling and the principles of investment appraisal
- have strong analytical capabilities, commercial acumen, and good communication and presentation skills
- possess a high level of numeracy and a good attention to detail
- hold a university degree or similar in science, business, engineering, or economics - previous experience is not necessary to be considered for this role.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us, you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30th September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact David O' Sullivan, Head of Commercial Development, on +353863630101 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.