Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Head of Construction Consents UK
Imagine a future where you help build some of the largest wind farms in the world as line manager of the Consents teams during the construction phase
Join us in this role where you’ll guide the Consents team as they take projects through the construction phase, using your knowledge and experience to implement best practice processes and ensure that lessons are learnt. You'll provide direction, coach, and support the team members to deliver their objectives and reach their personal development goals.
Welcome to UK Environment and Consents team
You’ll be part of our UK Construction Consents team where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on consenting activities related to discharging the conditions of the Development Consent Order (DCO) and providing consent critical information to support the project through the construction phase and into operational preparations of the Project. You'll play a key role in the success of the team, ensuring that the appropriate resources are in place and being the point of escalation for any challenges.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that key focus areas, such as health and safety, environmental legislation, and wellbeing are part of the culture of the Consents team, both in the construction phase and in the wider team
- being able to demonstrate consent compliance across the construction phase of the projects, including auditing from regulators
- ensuring that the Consents team can discharge the conditions of the planning permission and deliver to the programme and budget, through guiding the Consents Manager and their team
- the wider UK Consents Management team, where you'll help drive the strategic focus of the team with your peers, leading one of the key areas and being an advocat for Consents within the region
- taking the team members through the annual development cycle, ensuring your own and their personal development.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in a related subject such as ecology or environmental science
- speak and write English fluently and possess excellent communication skills, enabling you to communicate your messages smoothly and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders at all organisational levels
- have experience of line management or team management and are able to create good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- are familiar with UK planning, licencing, and consenting regime relevant for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects and under other planning regimes
- have knowledge and preferably experience of marine licensing processes and the discharge of consent conditions or requirements.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Natasha Litten, Head of Consents - UK, on +447788713391 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.