Engineering and construction
Senior Project Engineer
Imagine a future where you help to revolutionize the energy grid in the U.S. for a greener future
Join us in this role where you’ll lead dynamic engineering tasks helping to site, design, and construct the latest in onshore renewable power generation and storage facilities. You’ll be responsible for solving technical design challenges and leading junior engineers to optimize the design of wind and solar energy production and battery energy storage facilities.
Welcome to Onshore Development
You’ll be part of the Project Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will develop new sites for renewable energy generation and storage facilities. You’ll help to negotiate contracts, manage designs, and solve technical challenges related to design, permitting, and construction of your projects, while mentoring one to three supporting junior engineers to do the same.
You’ll play an important role in:
- reviewing project specifics and advising your project team on technical risks and mitigation strategies
- providing guidance and input to the junior engineers and drafting team to create preliminary site layouts, electrical drawings, and optimize design
- managing engineering consultants and contractors through completion, to ensure a quality work product
- supporting EPC contract negotiation and technical exhibit creation to ensure project-specific design requirements are implemented into design and construction contracts
- acting as the primary interface to EPC contractor and manage review of design packages with internal and external teams
- performing technical due diligence and risk assessments for greenfield development projects and acquisition targets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in Engineering or related technical field
- have 3-5 years’ project engineering experience in the renewable energy industry
- have moderate experience leading and mentoring junior engineering employees
- have moderate experience managing internal and external stakeholders, while providing timely responses to high-priority requests
- can prioritize and manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines and delegate work
- have experience in identifying early technical risk and mitigation strategies, whilst prioritizing design and engineering safety and quality.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-07-25. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com on Tuesdays and Fridays from 12:00-17:00 (CST), if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling within the continental U.S, in relation to your work, as you’ll need to visit project sites and planned team onsite meetings.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.