Operations and technicians
Operations Engineer, Offshore Wind
Imagine a future where you support our green energy transformation by supervising the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of our transmission assets
Join us in this role where you’ll become Operations Engineer supporting our North-East Program of offshore wind farms. You’ll be supervising teams responsible for commissioning, operating, maintaining and troubleshooting of high and low voltage assets within the transmission system in accordance with Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential. The role will be based primarily onshore with the occasional requirement to be offshore on the transmission assets.
Welcome to North America Operations
You’ll be part of the High Voltage Transmission System Team where you, together with your colleagues, will supervise colleagues in servicing, maintaining, and repairing the HV equipment’s throughout the region. In this role, you’ll report to the High Voltage (HV) Transmission System Manager.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading safety coordination and defining safety procedures for all electrical matters
- managing the implementation of the company specific Electrical Safety rules on site, including the safe system of work, and ensuring compliance with the rules
- advising operationally on high voltage electrical installations to wind turbines, offshore substations and HV sub-marine and onshore cables
- overseeing all high, medium and low-voltage electrical operational activities to ensure safety, security, and integrity of the HV network
- coordinating outage management, network control and operational procedures related to energisation and de-energisation of all assets
- responding to system disturbances, supporting troubleshooting activities and reporting root-cause analysis.
- analysing alarm signals from the SCADA system and coordinating work activities to rectify the event.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 7+ years of electrical operations and maintenance experience as a Qualified Person operating under company high-voltage safety rules
- have experience working at transmission and distribution voltage levels
- have 3+ years working experience within onshore substation systems
- have experience managing High-Voltage switching activities
- can clear medical checks and safety training programs as required by Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- will need to become a Qualified Person (internally referred to as a Lead Senior Authorized Person) under the Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules (ØESR), with support and training being provided to gain this internal accreditation in the first year of employment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than December 31, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please note that you may be expected to do some travelling in relation to your work. You will be required to travel for up to 30% of your first year of employment. Travel could cover both Europe, America and, possibly, Asia.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.