Engineering and construction
Civil/Structural Engineering Manager
Imagine a future where you’ll manage the design process on various civil projects to help create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure high-quality civil design on our different civil projects like onshore substations, harbors, and operation facilities. You’ll also be involved in contractor selection for the projects by participating in the tender and nomination process. As you’ll have project management-related tasks as well, it’s important that you’re highly detail-oriented and able to maintain an overview.
Welcome to EPC & Operations
You’ll be part of Civil Engineering Management where you, together with your colleagues, will develop state-of-the-art and high-quality onshore civil design, manage civil design processes on onshore substations, harbors, and operation facilities, and review civil and mechanical design packages. You’ll also participate in clarification meetings and negotiations and provide day-to-day site support from a civil engineering perspective.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing relationships with internal global stakeholders and defining the onshore scope of work
- managing the civil engineering and design of our onshore substations, harbors, operation facilities, and other onshore/near-shore facilities
- performing construction coordination on site
- managing relationships with EPC contractors and JV partners
- assisting in the review of EPC tenders, definition of award criteria, and selection of suppliers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 10-15+ years of experience in civil design or civil project management
- have experience managing design consultants or principal contractors within the civil industry
- take joy in being part of a fast-paced and diverse international environment bringing together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures, and authorities through in-person and virtual environments
- are commercially astute with managerial/technical competences, enabling you to ensure compliance with contract technical requirements
- have some ‘user level’ experience working with BIM models to make clash identifications
- thrive in an international environment with the ability to convey complex issues to internal and external stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 2, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.