Engineering and construction
Senior Structural Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a key role in enabling offshore wind across the globe at competitive prices, ultimately supporting the green transition
Join us in this role where you’ll use your structural understanding and experience to enable the design of cost-effective foundations and competitive bids for offshore wind turbines. This will be achieved through product development and due diligence of new concepts and technologies together with your colleagues across teams and disciplines. You'll be a key force in driving product development initiatives of both novel and more matured ideas, to ensure that we always deliver easy executable designs and fit-for-purpose products.
Welcome to Structures & Loads
You’ll be part of Primary Structures Development where you, together with your colleagues, will develop, refine, and challenge concepts, design methods, assumptions, and design tools while ensuring the applicability of what is developed to design support structures for offshore wind turbines. We’re always on the lookout for how we can use our deep technical knowledge to support the business and enable the green energy transformation. Our department has offices in two locations in Denmark; Gentofte and Skærbæk, while other interfacing colleagues are located across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- enabling the design of cost-effective substructures for offshore wind turbines
- identifying and detailing how to reduce cost of both monopile and jacket support structures
- enabling an efficient supply chain across the globe for support structures via structural design
- enabling possibilities to differentiate in bids with new technologies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are curious and have a desire to understand both commercial and structural aspects of challenges
- have a relevant engineering degree, MSc, or PhD, e.g., in Structural or Mechanical Engineering, with relevant experience within structural design of offshore structures or similar
- have finite element understanding and some practical experience and basic competences in programming
- are bright and have a deep structural understanding, preferably of both structural capacity and dynamics, and the ability to exercise engineering judgement
- desire to continuously improve, while knowing what to prioritise
- are proactive in your communication and can challenge status quo, incl. being perseverant and taking ownership of your own and colleagues’ deliveries and contributions to make everyone perform better.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 February 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Skovgaard Simonsen, Team Lead, on +4599555765 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.