Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you play a key integral role in maintaining the assets of the utility scale onshore solar, wind, and storage portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for day-to-day balance of plant (BOP) support for assigned operating renewable assets, incl. on-site high voltage (HV) operation and maintenance oversight of assigned assets in order to achieve safe and reliable asset performance.
Welcome to US Onshore Operations
You’ll be part of Texas Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will assist the monitoring and maintaining of renewable energy projects throughout the US Onshore portfolio. You’ll be exposed to old and new tasks and be part of a larger team with extensive experience in the renewables industry. As a team, we’ll work together to safely operate our projects all while maintaining top tier quality and efficiency. We strive to maintain positive and safe relationships with our O&M partners.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing or delegating all BOP planned and unplanned maintenance activities of assigned sites
- overseeing High Voltage operations at sites during unusual events
- implementing and maintaining strong QHSE culture at assigned sites incl. performing frequent quality and safety audits of work
- supporting development of BOP spare parts, planning purchases, and ensuring equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, and efficiency
- addressing and coordinating BOP related facility faults in overnight hours and providing initial assessment of issues
- demonstrating work planning, activity scheduling, and follow up skills to assure work conformance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have min. three years’ experience in operations or maintenance in power generation, transmissions, distribution, or a related field, incl. two years in the wind or solar industry, or a journeyman, master electrician license, or a wind or solar technician certificate as substitute for two years of experience
- may be qualified as a lineman, electrician, millwright, or control technician or have served time in the armed services as substitute for experience
- have more than a year of substation and HV experience
- are physically able to utilize mowers, tractors, and other mechanized equipment for prolonged periods of time, and preferably can perform repairs on mechanized equipment
- are physically able to satisfy safety requirements using diagnostic equipment, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining substation equipment such as electrical control circuits, transformers, high voltage breakers, and collection lines.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than [[applicationDeadline]].
Please don’t hesitate to contact [[vpOfStaffingName]], [[contactPersonTitle]], on [[vpOfStaffingPhone]], if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll support other projects in our operating portfolio from time to time.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.