Lead Category Manager - Power-to-X
Imagine a future where you play a pivotal role in delivering on Europe’s fastest-growing energy company’s ambition to create a business within renewable fuels
Join us in this role where you’ll lead and co-shape our supply chain strategy within green fuels and see that strategy through to fruition. You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining relations with both suppliers and internal stakeholders, in the pursuit of building our organisation’s capabilities within this new strategic business area.
Welcome to Global Procurement
You’ll be part of Power-to-X Procurement where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the procurement and contract management of Power-to-X assets. You’ll help shape and lead our category management efforts in accordance with the overall strategy, backed by a large global organisation. Each team member plays multiple roles, as we’re still operating in a start-up like environment in which everyone has the common objective of making this important step-change in the energy transition happen. As a team, we work very closely together in order to succeed in an extremely dynamic industry and work environment. Communicating and learning from each other is paramount.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing viable strategies and conceptualising the way to source and contract with established risk and opportunity understandings from an international asset heavy industry, e.g., petrochemical, downstream oil, and gas
- screening, understanding, and developing a fit-for-purpose supply chain, whether based on large EPC contracts, multi contracting, or a combination of the two
- constantly staying on top of fast-changing market developments and supplier landscapes
- acting as liaison between procurement and the Power-to-X business unit, which is based in multiple locations in Europe and the US
- helping to build the right team and capabilities which allow us to scale successfully.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in engineering or business, and have successfully created and executed procurement strategies in an EPCI/EPCM context
- have relevant experience within a large, fixed asset or process industry, preferably specific market insights within fuels, hydrogen, or heavy industries, incl. the specific categories of electrolysers, EPCM consultancy, and e-fuels
- have a strong business orientation and experience with global supplier development and various contracting models, as well as risk-sharing strategies for complex, managed, and asset-heavy services
- have excellent negotiation and communication skills, combined with a driven personality, enabling you to take the lead, but, most importantly, to act as a team player which puts the collective success of the group first
- speak and write English fluently
- are innovative and can thrive with constant change as the P2X business grows, from a start-up to an experienced delivery organisation.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22 September 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lars Holck, Senior Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99554716 on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10:00-11:00 CET, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting with suppliers and partners both in the US and in Europe on a regular basis. Expect to travel around once per quarter.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.