Finance and controlling
Step into a career where you gain firsthand exposure to developing, building, and operating mega projects powering the US energy transition
The Ørsted Global Graduate Program is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Graduate Program consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
You’ll be part of three rotations, first of which will be in Americas Project Controlling, which handles project budgeting across all technologies and phases. You’ll collaborate with and learn from your colleagues serving as the business partners to the multifaceted project teams. Here, you’ll gain exposure to project development, permitting, construction, operations, and other departments. The other two rotations will depend on your desired learning journey and current business needs and could, e.g., be in other US finance teams, such as Valuation or Financial Planning & Analysis, or one of our finance teams in Copenhagen.
You’ll play an important role in:
- month-end close of project budgets
- preparation of monthly forecast updates, reconciliation, and reports
- monthly budget review sessions with budget owners, highlighting actual costs incurred and preparing commentary regarding budget variances
- ensuring timely delivery of reports to the project teams
- optimizing the way we work to ensure our processes and tools are fit for purpose.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance-related studies from before September, 1 2024 with great results
- demonstrate great communication skills and can present results to stakeholders in a clear and understandable manner
- can balance multiple priorities, while driving timely outcomes
- are organized with an analytical and detail-oriented mindset
- enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic organization with teams across multiple locations
- are curious and interested in learning about the business drivers behind the financial numbers.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your application, CV, and most recent grade transcripts as soon as possible and no later than October 8, 2023. We’ll conduct interviews shortly after.
Please don’t hesitate to write to email@example.com if you have any questions. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Step closer to a career as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted, we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Global Graduate Program overview, read more about the recruitment process, and find out how you can help us turn visions into reality.