Strategy and business development
Lead Project Developer Solar (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you hold a key position within our onshore department and have significant contribution to our solar project success
Join us in this role where you’ll strengthen our team by leading and overseeing our solar project development pipeline. You’ll hold a key position within the solar project development department, being responsible for the whole project development chain, incl. technical project aspects as well as the teams project budget etc.
Welcome to Onshore Germany
You’ll be part of Project Development Solar where you, together with your colleagues, will successfully expand and realise our solar projects and actively shape the future of the energy transition nationwide. We see ourselves as an agile team for whom flat hierarchies are more than just a buzzword. Together we’re pursuing the goal of actively shaping the renewable energy future in Germany. As a team, we regularly share our know-how, experience, and learnings. We openly discuss current issues and recognise and value each colleague’s strengths and contributions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- expanding the whole project pipeline cycle by supporting land acquisition deals, conducting location analysis, as well as economic project evaluation until project development is ready for approval
- building up and sharing your knowledge and experience in the project development of solar projects, also considering the current legal framework
- building up the network as well communication and cooperation with local municipalities, public institutions, authorities, and network operators by attending municipal committees, trade fairs, etc.
- evaluating and prioritising ongoing projects as well as regular reporting of the projects
- making sure the annual planning and budgeting for project development is aligned and agreed with the Head of Solar Project Development and a regular project reporting is held
- ensuring a goal-oriented cooperation with the internal interfaces contract management, project management, and project controlling is in place.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a completed engineering studies in the field of electrical engineering, industrial engineering, or comparable
- have several years of professional experience, ideally in technical consulting, operational management, project development, or the realisation of solar parks
- have sound knowledge in the field of PV system technology, incl. design, implementation, quality assurance, data and error analysis
- are communicative and assertive and show willingness to go on business travels
- are proficient in German and English.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Kutschker, Head of Project Development Solar, on (+49) 1794990052, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll establish and nurture your network by attending fairs and events, hold specialist lectures and do association work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.