Operations and technicians
Wind Turbine Technician (WT3)
Imagine a future where you work in a team with the highest regard for safety and performance excellence on our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll play a responsible, hands-on part in servicing, maintaining, and repairing our offshore wind turbines. You’ll work at sea in close camaraderie with supportive, committed colleagues and develop new skills with great opportunities for career progression.
Welcome to Ørsted UK West
You’ll be part of UK West operations team where you, together with your colleagues, will form a diverse and inclusive operations and maintenance team where you’ll contribute to our safety culture and work with engineering specialists to enhance the performance of our wind farms. As a team, we strive to achieve our goals through a collaborative approach, which will support your personal opportunities and development, whilst maintaining our Guiding Principles and key values.
You’ll play an important role in:
- proactively driving a positive safety culture through your actions and interventions
- troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical turbine components
- servicing and maintaining offshore wind turbines and plant equipment
- collaborating with internal stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an electrical or mechanical engineering background with further qualifications, such as BTEC or HNC, or have served a relevant apprenticeship or an experienced authorised WTG technician
- demonstrate future leadership potential and are motivated to drive and exceed site performance KPI’s
- meet the physical and medical requirements for working offshore and have an aptitude for working at heights and in restricted or confined spaces
- are a quick learner with a proactive and methodical approach to solving problems
- have strong verbal and written English communication skills and show evidence of supportive teamwork skills and competent with basic Microsoft IT systems
- reside within 45 - 60 minutes of site (Barrow in Furness).
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 7 June 2023. We’ll be holding an assessment day for this role on the 15 June between 08:00 and 17:00 in the Barrow area.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Clare Michelle Corkill, Operations Manager, on (United Kingdom +44 (Do not use)) 7880100235 on Mondays to Fridays from 14.00 - 16.00 if you'd like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.