Strategy and business development
Special Projects Sr. Manager
Imagine a future where you lead special projects for our development team in the Americas to support the green energy transition
Join us in this role where you’ll be working with the Project Development Leadership team to identify, prioritize, and execute special projects and initiatives for maximum value creation and impact.
Welcome to Region Americas
You’ll be part of the Project Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to the growth for the development of offshore wind, onshore wind, solar, and storage assets in the Americas. As a team, we focus on maintaining a trust-based culture. We believe that a strong focus on growth and development supports everyone and provides a work environment where you can thrive, perform, and grow.
You’ll play an important role in:
- partnering with the Project Development leadership team on the special projects agenda aligned with project development priorities and organizational goals
- managing individual projects and continuous improvement initiatives, structure workstreams, drive results, effectively communicate insights, and track implementation
- leading process improvement mapping initiatives and lessons learned workshops
- conducting build vs buy analyses
- preparing materials for internal governance, incl. business review meetings, budgeting, and growth review on behalf of Project Development
- assisting in planning Project Development ‘all hands’ meetings and annual offsite meeting.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, or equivalent experience
- have min. 5 years of experience obtained in strategy, consulting, or commercial role
- have a strong consulting skillset, incl. structuring workstreams and deliverables
- are an excellent communicator who can distil insights and convey messages clearly, concisely and customised to a variety of target groups, incl. senior leadership
- have an understanding of the US electricity generation markets, incl. key stakeholders, agencies, and regulations
- are familiar with the renewable power sector, its commercial elements, and what makes a robust project business case
- are an advanced user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and database programs.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2023-06-05. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.