Strategy and business development
Nature & Biodiversity Strategy Manager
Imagine a future where you help build a world that runs entirely on green energy for the benefit of people and nature
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for defining the next steps in the strategic direction of our biodiversity programme. To succeed in combatting climate change, the build-out of renewable energy must be balanced with the need to protect and restore nature. If done right, green energy can help tackle the dual crises of climate change and biodiversity. We’re looking for a new colleague to work alongside Environment & Permitting, External Affairs, and Regulatory Affairs, and find ways of leveraging our biodiversity efforts towards customers.
Welcome to Global Sustainability
You’ll be part of Climate & Nature Sustainability where you, together with your colleagues, will enable our organisation to strengthen its position as a globally recognised sustainability leader - as part of meeting its 2030 ambition of becoming a global green energy major. The team is responsible for the organisation’s portfolio of strategic climate and nature programmes, including decarbonising our supply chain, enabling circularity, and delivering net-positive biodiversity. As a team, we’re very passionate about driving change through delivering world-class sustainability practices, have strong focus on personal development, well-being, and learning through cross-collaborative work!
You’ll play an important role in:
- defining the next steps in the strategic direction of our biodiversity programme, incl., e.g., ways of leveraging our efforts towards customers in PPAs or tenders
- collaborating with colleagues in Environment & Permitting to integrate next steps into project delivery and business implementation plans to meet our 2030 net-positive biodiversity ambition
- identifying opportunities to leverage digital tools to deliver net-positive initiatives and measure biodiversity, together with Digital Strategy and Innovation
- developing flagship nature-projects and partnerships that also advance our local communities and circularity efforts, together with Social Sustainability and Environment & Permitting
- driving the development of industry-backed method for measuring biodiversity, alongside other key tools to define actions on how we deliver net-positive impacts.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a background in strategy consulting, business development, or commercial sustainability, and passion for sustainability and the green energy transition - expertise on biodiversity is not a requirement
- have proven success with designing and leveraging sustainability initiatives commercially, as well as experience with driving these through business partnerships and collaborative initiatives
- have a strong ability to identify stakeholder trends and customer expectations to inform the long-term direction of the programme, while also being able to define ‘here and now’ steps towards the intended direction
- are motivated by leading diverse teams across the organisation, can drive consensus and move stakeholders towards a common goal,
- possess strong project management skills, enabling you to quickly adapt project plans and priorities to changing requirements, while continuing to drive results
- are well-versed in your communication in oral and written English, can develop convincing top-down analyses, business cases, and decision materials, and can adjust your style of communication to the audience.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9 June 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Maria Virginia Dundas, Head of Strategic Environment Programmes, on (Denmark +45) 99557595 on Mondays to Fridays between 08:30-09:30 CEST; Central European Summer Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.