Operations and technicians
Project & Contractor Manager (m/w/d)
Imagine a future where you’re working towards the safe and efficient delivery of third-party projects to sites ensuring projects are integrated effectively
Join us in this role where you’ll be working closely with our global departments across Europe i.e., Global Central Purchasing, Local Planning, HV/LV/Substations & QHSE, Helicopters, Vessels, etc. You’ll manage a variety of projects and transactions across numerous areas in offshore wind and play a vital role in the global transitioning to green energy and towards a sustainable future. Together with the QHSE department, you’ll also take part in audits of our suppliers.
Welcome to Regional Support Continental Europe West
You’ll be part of Project & Contractor Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for coordinating and executing transactions as required by the German and Dutch operations. Furthermore, the job responsibilities encompass project coordination and management and devising contracts and supplier relationship management. We are an international-orientated team. As a team we support each other in good and bad times and we treat our work seriously but also have fun together. We lead an open and constructive feedback culture and we strive for continuous improvements and excellence. Proactive collaboration, regular exchange of experiences and knowledges with your colleagues across regions; realisation of global synergies are paramount to your overall work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading, coordinating, and formulating pre-qualification of tenders and transactions, having kick-offs with different departments and suppliers across continental Europe West region
- drafting and amending contracts e.g., by incorporating lessons learnt, scope of work, schedules of rates while reviewing and connecting the dots with other interrelated profound clauses in the framework agreement and schedules
- organising, leading, and conducting kick-offs to onboard projects, contractors, or third parties suppliers
- participating in periodic and annual suppliers and QHSE Audits, both onsite and offsite as required
- defining, implementing, and ongoing monitoring while scrutinizing third party contractors’ performances thus KPIs and costs, hence safeguarding costs i.e., strict adherence to budgets, and contract compliance
- providing approvals to designated invoices subsequent to cross-examination with the relevant contractual documentations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a completed degree in engineering, natural sciences, law, business management or similar, master’s degree is a definite plus
- have sound knowledge and concrete experiences in dealing with contracts, coupled with very good supplier and contract and claims management
- have a high level of knowledge and experiences in procurement-related transactions as well as experience in working within health and safety-critical environments
- are fluent in both spoken and written English and German
- are experienced in working within internationally staffed teams, contractors, and environments
- have MS Office SAP, and presentation skills and persuasive communication skills.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Wendy Chan, Teamlead Project & Contractor Management, on + 491723723565, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.