IT and digital
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Specialist
Imagine a future where you create a digital workplace that enables employees to work in an agile, collaborative, and secure environment
Join us in this role where you’ll support our vision of enabling the digital transformation and globalisation of the most sustainable company in the world, establishing an exceptional digital workplace experience for all employees.
Welcome to Digital Workplace Engineering
You’ll be part of our virtual Endpoint Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will be involved with the Digital Workplace IT Product Line, comprising nine product teams supporting various endpoint, office, and collaborative solution technologies. We collaborate to ensure that key decision and deliveries are met and executed in a timely manner. As a team, we cooperate daily in a diverse, ambitious, and global setup of over 50 colleagues to resolve issues related to supported virtual endpoint sytems used in our organisation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for third-level support of VDI operations, incl. troubleshooting and supporting issues related to infrastructure and hosted applications, and providing resolutions
- maintaining service quality levels by managing incidents, problems, and changes to the service efficiently and effectively, following the agreed and documented processes
- facilitating discussions, investigations, and tasks related to VDI technology to ensure highest availability, stability, and integrity of the VDI infrastructure and delivery
- continually improving repetitive tasks via Automation using PowerShell or other related tools to manage VDI and its associated infrastructure.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in computer software engineering, computer science, or a related field
- are able to demonstrate a logical mindset, are comfortable collaborating with global stakeholders, and are a team player
- possess in-depth expertise in administration, troubleshooting, and technical support for VDI infrastructure (Azure Virtual Desktop & Citrix)
- have solid experience resolving issues related to Microsoft technologies like Active Directory, SCCM, and Group Policies and their inter-related dependencies and connections to the VDI infrastructure
- have a strong understanding of virtualisation and hypervisors, especially associated with Azure Virtual Desktop, Citrix, and VMware.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 August 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, External Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.