Sales and energy trading
Senior Short-Term Trader
Imagine a future where your decisions have a direct impact on value creation from the world’s largest offshore wind power portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of the fast-moving intraday Trading team, where you’ll be responsible for balancing and optimising the value gained from the renewable power production from our extensive offshore wind portfolio. You’ll be part of a duty roster, which actively trade the intraday power markets 24/7, 365 days a year, and continuously work on improving our trading strategies and the technical set-up we work within. You’ll learn the fundamentals of the energy markets and use this knowledge to create real-world value from our renewable energy assets.
Welcome to Power Portfolio
You’ll be part of Market Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will provide the route to market for our offshore wind portfolio, executing on trading strategies and opportunities in the market while keeping the portfolio in balance. You’ll be working in a team of seven bright and dedicated colleagues where you’ll be trading within the rapidly changing world of power markets and therefore constantly must adapt to the situation. As a team, we support each other and play an active role in setting the strategy in a fast-moving market. Also, we’re dedicated and experienced traders who will support you in operating our assets and achieving our shared goals. We have varied backgrounds and therefor English is the preferred language.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in the 24/7 duty roster (three shift pattern), covering 365 days a year
- trade in the intraday markets to balance our power positions in Europe
- monitoring, developing, and deciding on short-term trading strategies for our entire portfolio
- generating and driving improvement ideas for our analytical set-up, trading strategies and operational set-up.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably have relevant experience from the energy or commodity space, alternatively the financial sector
- have a sound understanding of financial products and logical reasoning
- have an interest in acquiring in-depth knowledge of the European power market and participate in digitising the operation
- that you’re energetic and want to contribute to the development of trading strategies
- stay calm in hectic situations and alert in calm situations
- are a team player and are willing to go the extra mile when needed to support your colleagues.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9 June 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Blomsterberg, Head of Market Operations, on (Denmark +45) 99559465 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.