Security Operations Officer (UK East)
Imagine a future where you are a part of a team, where your views and inputs are not only welcomed, but are actively encouraged, and appreciated!
Join us in this role where you’ll develop, oversee, and manage security requirements and related projects, in compliance with industry standards, regulators and legislation, across your AOR, both onshore and offshore, using your creative and problem-solving skills. You’ll develop and manage your operational security responsibilities using a proactive, information-based approach to security risk management. Share and deliver innovative and proportionate solutions to key stakeholders. You will also take the lead in developing a positive security culture.
Welcome to Global Security
You’ll be part of UK Security Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will support and advise the Head of the East of UK Operations on security-related matters, take the lead in conducting physical security threat and risk assessments, and conducting physical security gap analysis. You’ll also produce, update, and implement the site-specific security plans, instructions, SOP’s, and guidelines, in accordance with industry and legislative standards. You’ll also perform the role of an accredited PFSO, where applicable. As a team, we work together to support and encourage your efforts and effectiveness within the team and wider organisation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting and advising the Head of the West of UK Operations or facility in addition to their line management on security related matters
- conducting physical security threat and risk assessments, as per facilities within their AOR
- producing, updating, and implementing the site-specific security plans, instructions, SOP’s and guidelines in accordance with industry, regulators, and ISO standards.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have graduated from a Law Enforcement or Civil Protection Academy or possess a relevant master’s degree with considerable experience in Security Risk Management
- have experience managing contractors and vendors, along with internal and external stakeholders
- have experience delivering on our targets, such as security projects, cost, KPIs, and security and safety standards
- have experience providing input and driving continuous development within the security area, aiming for best practice
- have experience ensuring alignment with Group Real Estate and Workplace Management colleagues and other relevant stakeholders
- have experience supporting and implementing our global concepts and guidelines with a respect for local adaptation and culture.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Brendon Largue, Head of Regional Security CE/UK, on (United Kingdom +44 (Do not use)) 7920424307 from Monday to Thursday between 09:00-16:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll cover the geographic area of the East of the UK.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.