IT and digital
Senior Network Engineer
Imagine a future where you ensure the security, operations, maintenance, and lifecycle management of our network infrastructure
Join us in this role where you’ll design and implement network patch management plans with proper and thorough testing. Together with your colleagues and with aligned execution and planning, you’ll provide the business with a secure and stable platform to operate on which supports our important business assets, wind farms, and power plants.
Welcome to the Production IT Infrastructure Product Line
You’ll be part of Core Network Infrastructure Team where you, together with your colleagues, will be ensuring the stability and security of the network infrastructure and platform. Within the SAFe framework, you’ll collaborate closely with colleagues across departments, vendors, product owners, and other business stakeholders. The network department currently consists of 58 colleagues of various disciplines, such as patch management, network security, infrastructure support, clouds, automation, site enablement, and solar winds. As a team, we work in an environment which values collaboration and teamwork, which are essential elements in our learning and personal development. Happiness, fun, joy. and care are a big part of our culture.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in lifecycle management design meetings and redesigning OT network infrastructure with high availability
- preparing pre and post-test scenarios before execution
- planning and executing the new design with minimal interruption to the production sites
- deploying SD-WAN solutions for new sites or migrating existing sites from DMVPN to SD-WAN and handling ad-hoc network tasks or projects on demand
- supporting core network infrastructure, incl. LAN, WAN, wireless solutions in production environment, and participating in escalation calls for Production IT and network troubleshooting.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have proven experience working on routing protocols and are well-versed in BGP, OSPF, and Multicast
- can provide real-time knowledge in network design, planning, implementation, and troubleshooting, with experience in managing Cisco ASR/ISR, Nexus 5K/9K, and Cisco ACI/APIC
- preferably hold a CCNA or CCNP certification and have ITIL experience using ServiceNow
- have solid experience from a Cisco-powered network environment, either at a large enterprise or a service provider with good understanding of, and experience with networking and network security
- possess strong demonstrated customer interaction skills and teamwork competencies with written and oral fluency in English.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 July 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.