Finance and controlling
Risk Specialist with an analytical mindset
Imagine a future where you’re part of a professional risk team overseeing the financial and regulatory risk of our assets
Join us in this role where you’ll act as a risk partner for our Continental European renewable assets. You’ll work closely with our trading floor in assessing risk and hedging assets from our wind and solar parks. You’ll also take part in implementing a new state of the art Market Abuse system for surveillance of our trading activities.
Welcome to Merchant Risk
You’ll be part of Merchant Risk Continental Europe team where you, together with your colleagues, will develop a deep understanding of trading and hedging activities on our assets in Continental Europe. You’ll be part of a team analysing and reporting Profit and Loss, Value at Risk, and Stress. An important part of your job will also be to build a strong analytical knowledge about Market Abuse scenarios and daily monitoring of our trading activities. You’ll assist in implementing a new Market Abuse surveillance system making sure that we meet the requirements of the EU regulations.
As a team, we have a social and inclusive team-player culture and are passionate about the global renewable’s growth agenda.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring a strong collaboration with portfolio managers and energy traders
- ensuring that we fulfil the requirements from Market Abuse regulations
- gathering relevant data and composing insightful analysis on market risk from our wind and solar assets
- ensuring correct reporting of Profit and Loss, Value at Risk, and Stress numbers
- back-testing and stress-testing hedging frameworks for specific assets and contracts.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an excellent analytical mindset with both strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- are used to work with and extract insights from large amounts of data
- have experience of IT tools, such as SQL, VBA, Excel, Power Point, Power BI, and Python.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 April 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Brian Qvortrup, Head of Merchant Risk Continental Europe, on (Denmark +45) 99558957, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.