Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you work for a global leader in renewable energy and are responsible for electrical safety across our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll become Lead Specialist in the Electrical Safety department, developing the electrical safety area and coaching the people working at our wind farms around the world.
Welcome to Electrical Safety
You’ll be part of the Electrical Safety department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for setting up the training and authorisation processes for the High Voltage organisation, ensuring the required competences and skills are defined, established, and maintained for the safe operation of the plant or equipment. You’ll develop the internal audit plans and perform audits in collaboration with appointed Senior Authorised Persons and Control Engineers on the different sites. Furthermore, you’ll develop new site-specific instructions around electrical operations. As a team, we embrace learning opportunities and focus on everyone's individual strengths which creates the foundation of a high-performance team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling the review and updates of our Electrical Safety Rules documents, templates, and procedures
- adapting country-specific rules and legislation and ensuring compliance with different national requirements
- resource planning of employed and contracted staff based at various locations across our global sites and supporting project execution in business units
- preparing, implementing, and executing the annual audit plan and program for operation sites and project sites, incl. ad hoc inspections and audits
- managing investigations of incidents involving electrical safety, as well as implementing lessons learned and ensuring communication to various departments.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a technical education, such as an engineering or high-voltage engineering degree, or are a certified electrician
- have extensive knowledge of electrical systems and high-voltage equipment, preferably with knowledge of Danish, German, and EU safety regulations relating to HV works
- have experience working in field (site) and back-office environments, as well as in working closely with structured permits for work and QHSE systems
- are experienced in electrical safety rules and have knowledge of generation and transmission systems within Europe
- possess a high decision orientation, combined with the ability to maintain a high-level overview while managing technical and detailed issues.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 23 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Joergen Elmstroem, Head of Electrical Safety, on (+1) 8572751478 , if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.