Engineering and construction
Senior Risk Management Specialist
Imagine a future where you actively manage risk for our offshore wind projects in the APAC region, taking part in the green energy transition
Join us in this role where you’ll drive risk management, communicate the risk strategy, and develop and implement standardised processes, tools, and templates in our offshore wind projects. You’ll support the project team in implementing a thorough and efficient approach to risk management and train risk owners where required.
Welcome to Planning, Risk & Integration Management
You’ll be part of a multinational Planning, Risk & Integration Management, APAC team within a matrix organisation where you, together with your colleagues, will support our offshore wind projects in the APAC region, from our office hub in Kuala Lumpur. The department is part of the Project Management Support organisation and allocates specialists to Ørsted’s offshore wind projects within the five PMI disciplines: integration, scope, schedule, resource, and risk management. As a team, we’re an expertise centre of highly skilled specialists, equipped with continuously optimised methods and tools. We collaborate closely with colleagues and stakeholders across countries and time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing the risk management plan and strategy for the project, and implementing risk management in compliance with our processes
- driving risk management processes in the project, incl. identifying risks, performing qualitative and quantitative analyses, planning risk responses, and monitoring risks and mitigation plans
- training risk owners in risk management and proactively designing risk mitigation actions aiming to reduce project risk exposure
- preparing risk reports and analyses to support project managers in decision-making.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant bachelor’s, master’s, or other academic degree providing a strong foundation in risk management
- have relevant risk management work experience and competences equivalent to PMI-RMP (Risk Management Professional)
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to present and communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- have a proactive, structured, and analytical approach to your work and a good eye for detail and data quality
- thrive in an international environment and possess interpersonal skills, enabling you to build good relationships with your stakeholders, many of which are in other countries.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.