Engineering and construction
Senior Cable Installation Project Lead
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for providing technical support associated with the development, engineering, and execution of the landfall installation to facilitate the pull-in of HV export cables connecting our offshore wind farms. You’ll be interacting directly with the contractors, consultants, and a vast suite of internal stakeholders to manage the scope and relevant interfaces.
Welcome to Export Cable Management
You’ll be part of Export Cable Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be ensuring the highest quality of the design, engineering, procurement of services, and execution of the landfall scope in challenging projects and markets. You’ll work with a team of experienced engineers across Europe, the US, and APAC, and play a fundamental part in ensuring that the optimal landfall solution is determined and progressed. Together, you’ll ensure alignment with Permitting, Site Investigation, and Risk Management. As a team, we are open-minded, share our ideas and lessons learned, and work closely together across countries. We embrace diversity and support development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the design and engineering of all aspects of the landfall, ensuring that it’s in line with international standards and contractual requirements
- providing technical expertise to support the project manager in decision-making and its substantiation throughout the lifecycle, leading the interface with other work scopes, both onshore and offshore
- preparing documentation for permitting with the technical solution, ensuring that the method and design for the landfall scope are both viable and comply with the legal commitments
- leading the technical aspect of the procurement process, ensuring contractor engagement, and considering safety, quality, budget, and schedule, etc.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have demonstrable experience within engineering or delivery of onshore and offshore landfall installations and are familiar with the principles of trenchless technology, incl. HDD for long length, large-diameter, and complex installations
- have in-depth knowledge of civils design and operation, incl. direct excavation of trenches within the onshore or offshore environment
- can work on numerous tasks, challenges, and projects simultaneously and independently, and drive collaboration and coordination between various stakeholders to ensure the optimum solution, recognising the constraints on both the landfall scope and those affecting our interface parties
- take responsibility for all technical aspects relating to landfall design, engineering, procurement, and construction, to ensure an effective installation of high-voltage export cables.
Join a global leader in renewable energy