Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you turn your passion into action and trade our onshore wind and green supply positions in I-SEM, optimising our portfolio through the market
Join us in this role where you’ll manage our portfolio to pre-defined trading strategies. Once you’ve developed an understanding of the market fundamentals, our trading strategies, and risk management policies, you’ll have the opportunity to progress to more advanced analytical or trading roles within the team.
Welcome to Power Marketing
You’ll be part of our Trading and Data Analytics team where you, together with your colleagues, will manage our portfolio through the creation of trading strategies, optimisation, and market analysis. As a team, we value collaboration and seek to learn from each other and develop and grow to maximise the PL of the portfolio.
You’ll play an important role in:
- trading the organisation’s asset and supply positions in the wholesale electricity markets under pre-defined trading strategies and business processes
- working as part of the trading roster, which will involve shift hours and weekend work
- managing the organisation’s exposure to the balancing market by rebalancing asset positions closer to delivery
- liaising with wind farm operational teams and the wider team to facilitate efficient management of the asset positions
- familiarising yourself with and contributing to the development of all internal trading processes and tools.
To succeed in the role, you:
- demonstrate an interest in power markets or the wider energy transition, or an interest in trading commodities, equities, and stocks
- hold a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree in a relevant discipline, e.g., mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, or finance
- have excellent analytical skills, a high level of numerical ability, and excellent attention to detail, where experience in SQL, Python, or equivalent would be advantageous
- have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate a willingness to learn new power system fundamentals, trading strategies, and detailed analytical techniques.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3rd February 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Neil Holland, Senior Trader, on +353863370757 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.