Engineering and construction
Senior Wind Farm SCADA Control Engineer
Imagine a future where you implement and test our overall control philosophy for our offshore wind farms around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll work closely with the engineers in each scope, whilst implementing the overall control philosophy across our wind turbines, transformers, and high voltage components. You’ll utilise your stakeholder management skills while planning and coordinating the many activities taking place in the office, in virtual meetings, or on site. Throughout the wind farm construction, you’ll conduct grid compliance and other site tests, collect and analyse data, and thoroughly document the results in test reports.
Welcome to SCADA & Communication
You’ll be part of Power Generation SCADA where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for wind turbine SCADA and control systems. We have high ambitions for safety and security, and you’ll engage in realising them while using your proficiency in SCADA and control theory. Our dynamic and diverse team works on global projects and openly shares our learnings internally to develop our team’s expertise and work culture. The team is currently based in the UK and Continental Europe, but as we’re expanding, you can expect to work with colleagues across borders and time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- aligning with internal and external parties on the wind farm control requirements
- interpreting, implementing, and documenting the overall control philosophy across the wind farm components
- specifying SCADA and dynamic control solutions, verifying their design, supply, installation, and commissioning
- planning, coordinating, and executing grid compliance tests and other site tests, in collaboration with internal and external parties
- collecting and analysing test data and documenting the test results in reports
- contributing to the continuous development of new technologies to improve the performance and usability of our wind farm control systems.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- have a solid background in control theory
- are an initiator who takes ownership of your scope and have a structured way of managing your stakeholders
- have experience with SCADA hardware and software solutions, preferably combined with on-site experience
- have an interest in communication networks, infrastructure, and cyber security
- speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 02 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel P Friis-Holm Staehr, , on (Denmark +45) 99555256, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll participate in an extensive onboarding at our main offices in Gentofte near Copenhagen during your first months of employment. In the longer term, you should expect some travelling as you’ll be visiting, e.g., our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards around the world.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.