Imagine a future where you make the renewable projects of the future become a reality
Join us in this role where you’ll be the contracts manager for Project Delivery and have overall responsibility for managing the end-to-end commercial contract cycle on projects assigned to you.
Welcome to Project Delivery
You’ll be part of Project Delivery where you, together with your colleagues, will share knowledge and experiences to develop both personally and professionally in a positive work culture and to bring projects from development through the construction phase and handover to Operations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the contract strategy, tender evaluation, contract negotiation, contract management, and claims phases of multi-million-euro/pound business-critical contracts
- leading the schedule, specification, and technical aspects of the tender, as well as supporting the commercial elements with the wider team
- liaising with the legal and project teams to determine the most appropriate contract form while evaluating the technical and commercial aspects of tender submissions
- understanding wider project contract management activities and ensuring that interfaces between packages of work are optimised to the maximum benefit
- developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers and contractors while keeping up to date with market and technology trends.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong cultural belief in safety and extensive project or contracts management experience in large capital projects in the renewable sector
- have strong interpersonal skills as well as good negotiation skills
- possess in-depth knowledge of contracts and contract Law in Ireland and the UK - FIDIC form of contract in particular
- have experience with management of tender process from preparation and issuing of tender packages, managing tender process through to contract negotiations, and tender award in CBoP, EBoP and TSA
- have the ability to work with multidisciplinary project stakeholders incl. the technical and legal fields
- renewable energy in onshore wind and solar projects essential
- are driven to meet deliverables on target, with attention to detail and understand the technical and regulatory requirements to deliver onshore renewable projects.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9th December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin McKernan, Project Delivery Manager, on +353861275919 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll need to conduct some of your duties on-site.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.