Strategy and business development
Director, P2X Development
Imagine a future where you lead the buildout of renewable generation to support our growing Power-to-X business
Join us in this role where you’ll supervise projects from site identification through the start of construction along with strategic planning towards future growth supporting the P2X market. The role will focus on North America, with strong experience needed in ERCOT. Your initial responsibility will involve delivering the ~1.2-1.5GW of wind and solar assets needed to support our flagship P2X project in Texas.
Welcome to Ørsted Onshore North America
You’ll be part of P2X Development where you, together with your colleagues, will manage the development budgets for P2X build out and support the Vice President. You’ll also lead a cross-functional team of subject matter experts in the assessment of potential development prospects and maturation of existing development assets, incl. both greenfield and acquisition.
You’ll play an important role in:
- coordinating between the Onshore team and P2X, Technical, Finance, and Legal teams
- identifying and resolving potential project flaws and prioritizing critical path to prepare projects for FNTP on schedule and on budget
- showing accountability for constructing and presenting development plans and long and short-term project schedules for the execution of pipeline supporting the P2X business to senior management and ExCom teams
- developing monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting activities
- establishing land banks and securing permitting, interconnection, tax incentives, and regulatory approvals
- establishing and managing relationships with stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- can effectively demonstrate your experience in managing teams
- demonstrate strong organizational, networking, leadership, and time management skills
- possess excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
- have a minimum of 7 years' experience in developing large scale wind projects
- demonstrate proven success working with government affairs, legal trade associations, and joint venture agreements.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-12-30. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For the US, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US by email on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.