Engineering and construction
Head of Power Generation Project Development
Imagine a future where you’ll lead a team that defines and optimises the WTG and Foundation scope of our future wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll provide functional leadership to a team of 10 project and senior project managers. Your team is responsible for delivering the WTG and Foundations package during bidding and early project maturation phase for offshore wind farms globally.
Welcome to Power Generation Project Management
You’ll be part of Project Development where you, together with your colleagues, will report to the Head of Power Generation Project Management and cooperate closely with the Heads of WTG and Foundations Project Execution, as well as programme managers and the Director for the Power Generation Product Line. As Line Manager, you’ll support Ørsted’s strong focus on collaboration across teams and areas.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning, recruiting, and functionally managing staff for our global pool of WTG and Foundations project managers
- ensuring a high level of job satisfaction and motivation within the team, developing employees’ personal and professional competences
- ensuring the continuous development and improvement of the department’s performance, and undertaking yearly performance and salary reviews
- planning and executing the quality assurance of the department’s deliverables and acting as a key custodian of our QA/QC practices
- managing and influencing a complex internal stakeholder network and successfully defining strategies and plans for our future projects
- maintaining and developing concepts, tools, and processes, and consolidating and implementing lessons learned.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical or civil engineering, as well as a strong track record demonstrating project management experience
- are motivated by providing functional leadership to a team of high-performing project managers in a global and remote setup, with an open and strategic mindset and the ability to achieve long-term goals
- possess a strong, broad technical background combined with a strong commercial understanding
- have solid experience in offshore EPC projects or similar large projects, incl. safety management, quality management, and risk management
- have international experience and understanding, leading multicultural teams, preferably across continents
- have strong communication skills and can engage with stakeholders on all levels.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Erik Krarup, Head of Power Generation Project Mgmt., on (Denmark +45) 99555396 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.