Strategy and business development
Joint Venture and Commercial Manager in Offshore
Imagine a future where you drive the commercial performance of our operational wind farms in the UK, managing the relationship with Joint Venture partners
Join us in this role where you and your colleagues will be responsible for managing our investments and Joint Venture (JV) partnerships in our portfolio of 11 operational offshore wind farms in the UK. You’ll also contribute to cross-portfolio projects, working across assets in the UK and potentially around the globe to ensure internal and external processes run smoothly, consistently, and successfully.
Welcome to Asset Management UK Coastal
You’ll be part of the Asset Management UK Coastal team based in London where you, together with your ten colleagues, will be primarily focused on one or more UK offshore wind farms, responsible for a wide range of commercial activities essential to the successful operation of the Project Company. You’ll identify and manage risks to the business case, whilst collaborating with experts across the organisation to mitigate risks and maximise the lifetime value of the asset.
You’ll play an important role in:
- acting as the day-to-day Ørsted owner representative for the Project Company, and the main interface towards our JV partners
- delivering all services related to managing the JVs, e.g., Board meeting preparation, recommendations, budgets, and reporting
- ensuring that the JV Board drives the focus on safety
- ensuring compliance with financial and legal obligations
- supporting the Head of Portfolio to manage the asset business case, incl. contract management
- negotiating commercial matters with external suppliers and stakeholders e.g., OEMs, OFTOs, and The Crown Estate.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in a commercial or technical discipline e.g., economics, finance, law, science, engineering, or similar
- ideally have experience of partner or joint venture management, or of a client-facing role
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work and are comfortable working on many disparate tasks simultaneously
- have strong numerical skills and a good financial understanding
- have a deep interest in the commercial, technical, and operational aspects that drive the business case of an offshore wind farm
- have a flair for building and maintaining relationships, and for communicating your knowledge clearly in a professional manner.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 3 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Samuel Claxton, Head of Portfolio, UK East, on +447393267534, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.