Engineering and construction
Programme Director for offshore wind farm projects in CE
Imagine a future where you manage one of the most ambitious offshore wind farm projects in the world
Join us in this role where you’ll have the overall leadership role of the offshore wind farm turn-key project, leading, motivating, and directing the programme team, from the project development phase through wind farm construction until transfer to operations.
Welcome to Programme Directors
You’ll be part of the Programme Directors department where you, together with your colleagues, will execute offshore wind farm projects across the globe. You’ll deliver the overall programme and its activities, incl. EPC project, Programme Financial Management, and Programme Asset Management, and you’ll act on behalf of the Steering Committee to secure adherence to overall business objectives of the programme, such as business case, budget, and scope.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring the diverse skilled project team is led to thrive and grow as a high performing team
- negotiating and managing programme-specific agreements in cooperation with the programme management team and other internal departments as well as planning, organising, managing, and executing the programme at target with an excellent QHSE performance
- securing efficient and valuable management of partners and partnership relations with the aim of maximising the longer-term value of the partnership for the organisation
- driving strategic initiatives and ensuring that lessons learnt are captured and fed back into the organisation to support continuous improvements
- managing and ensuring productive and successful cooperation with project stakeholders, internal as well as external.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold an MSc or another relevant master’s degree
- have in-depth knowledge of international project management standards, such as PMI, IPMA or PRINCE2, as well as experience with stage-gate divided project execution
- have experience from a similar position as programme director
- have solid financial, commercial, legal, and technical understanding of and experience with complex projects and partnerships, offshore industry would be beneficial
- have significant leadership and team management experience and the ability to exercise clear and direction-setting leadership in strong matrix organisation
- have collaborative stakeholder management skills and the ability to connect teams with an empathetic drive and acknowledging approach to leadership.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jan Thomsen, Senior Vice President, on (Denmark +45) 99555851 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.