IT and digital
Senior Numerical Specialist
Imagine a future where you provide state-of-the-art numerical models and tools that drive the creation of offshore wind farms and enable a green transformation
Join us in this role where you’ll drive the design and implementation of novel mathematical models and software systems used by subject matter experts across the company to design the next generation logistics, layout, and power-to-X solutions.
Welcome to the Numerical Competence Centre
You’ll be part of the Numerical Competence Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will be working closely with domain specialists and IT. Our main responsibility is to develop new mathematical models and ensure robust and reliable tools through good software development practices, and expert knowledge within a large range of mathematical disciplines. The role allows you to continuously sharpen your numerical capabilities and software development skills whilst seeing the impact your deliverables make on the day-to-day operation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining in-house modelling software to enable our mission
- scoping of in-house modelling and machine learning tools
- identifying opportunities within the business where machine learning and mathematical modelling and optimisation can be used to improve the current processes
- creating and maintaining university collaborations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree or PhD in the natural sciences or a related field, e.g. computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering
- are proficient in one or more compiled and interpreted languages, primarily Python or .NET for desktop and web applications
- have good experience with modelling, statistical methods, and machine learning
- have strong analytical skills with a commercial mindset and can communicate complex matters in an intuitive way
- If you do not check all the points above, but you are pro-active and quick learner, then we would also very much like to hear from you.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anela Bajric, Head of Optimization and Acoustics, on (Denmark +45) 99554821 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.