Engineering and construction
Head of Geotechnical Design UK-US
Imagine a future where you ensure high-quality engineering support for the development of offshore wind projects by coaching and motivating your employees
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a mainly UK-based team delivering geotechnical engineering support related to the design and installation of foundations for wind turbines and offshore substations. Your main tasks will include day-to-day team management, recruitment, people development, resource allocation and alignment, and developing the team strategy.
Welcome to Geotechnical Design
You’ll be managing a team of 12 geotechnical engineers within Geotechnical Design and be part of the management team of our large and diverse in-house GEO Engineering department. The team provides input to foundation design and installation but also leads on tool development and various state-of-the-art and industry-leading R&D projects focusing on design optimisation, driveability risk mitigation, and innovative new foundation installation concepts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring that your team is delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering and undertakes services in a professional way to support our strategic targets
- collaborating closely with the other team managers and supporting the competence development and standardisation of engineering, knowledge sharing, and processes
- being responsible for people recruitment and development and for planning, prioritising, and delegating new assignments and projects
- developing the team’s short and long-term strategies, in line with the organisation’s goals and in collaboration with technical specialists
- implementing best practice on project support tools, processes, and templates for our core tasks.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably have experience leading a diverse and multi-locational engineering team
- have a relevant degree, preferably from a geotechnical, civil engineering, or other relevant discipline
- have empathy and integrity as your core values and are passionate about people management and know how to create a culture where people thrive and develop their talent
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey your messages smoothly and efficiently to your business partners and to your team in both face-to-face and virtual environments
- are good at creating cross-organisational networks at all levels in a large matrix organisation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 9 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Willem Knoops, Head of GEO, on (United Kingdom +44) 7500953231, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.