Engineering and construction
Geotechnical engineer with a drive for programming
Imagine a future where you get to be involved in complex geotechnical engineering for the development of offshore wind projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for developing, maintaining, and running our in-house software used for offshore foundation design. As part of your role, you’ll be working on an array of projects, incl. large offshore wind farm developments and R&D projects. You’ll take ownership of complex tasks and will be expected to actively engage in technical discussions and challenge the status quo.
Welcome to the Geotechnical Design team
You’ll be part of a large and diverse team of more than 20 geotechnical engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering high-quality foundation design for offshore wind turbines. Your workplace will be in Kuala Lumpur, where you can look forward to a close collaboration with many talented and passionate colleagues, both in the office and around the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing in-house tools aimed at pushing the boundaries of geotechnical design for offshore wind turbine foundations
- connecting user needs with effective code writing and good practices in software development
- automising processes to reduce time spent and risk of human error
- supporting asset projects and R&D projects with custom-made solutions
- collaborating with people from different engineering disciplines, e.g., structures and loads, with the goal of executing state-of-the-art projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a BSc, MSc, or PhD degree in civil/geotechnical engineering, or equivalent
- have a good understanding of soil-structure interaction
- have strong programming skills, using MATLAB and Python
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- have a high degree of personal responsibility and accountability, and can work with different tasks in parallel
- have a results-oriented approach to your work and show initiative and drive to ensure progress in your tasks and areas of responsibility.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.