Marketing, branding and communications
Communications Advisor, Onshore
Imagine a future where Ørsted is a global market leader in onshore wind energy, commercial solar power, and innovative energy storage technologies
Join us in this role where you’ll lead our media relations strategy and outreach, as well as communications, such as writing press releases, talking points, speeches, social media content and other copy, all in partnership with the Onshore leadership team. This position will also advise and support internal communications and M&A activity.
Welcome to Communications, Public Affairs and Alliances
You’ll be part of Communications where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a dynamic team and will work closely with senior management from the Onshore business, which specializes in onshore wind, solar power, and storage technologies. You’ll work cross-functionally to guide communications across a range of departments, incl. project development, government relations, and brand, in North America, the UK and the global headquarter in Denmark.
You’ll play an important role in:
- serving as the primary media relations advisor for the Onshore business, working closely with Onshore senior management and Ørsted North America Corporate Affairs
- developing and implementing communication strategies to advance a portfolio of clean energy projects and mitigate risk, incl. engaging with local communities and stakeholders
- drafting press releases, social media content, and other communication materials to support projects, bids, and corporate initiatives while curating positive stories across a range of channels
- working with an external PR agency to map third party stakeholders and build a public affairs plan to broaden the company’s profile in strategic markets
- building a media relations plan, incl. state, national, and international markets to enhance the company’s profile and announce corporate initiatives
- advising and supporting project teams and executives with talking points, media prep, speeches, internal communications, and other key initiatives, such as M&A activity and investor relations communication.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or another relevant field
- have 5 to 10 years of experience in a political or government communications and public relations environment
- preferably have a background in an energy or environmental space
- have a proven ability to collaborate within a highly matrixed company
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have experience responding to media inquiries.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than . We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Operations, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to meet with customers, stakeholders, and other partners in the US and other countries.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.