Engineering and construction
Senior Coastal Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re responsible for scour protection design for windfarms as well as coastal and seabed analysis to support offshore cable and foundation design
Join us in this role where you’ll provide high-quality coastal engineering support for our offshore wind projects with a focus on seabed morphology and scour protection design. You’ll typically work on multiple projects, from the early site assessment and the design phase through construction to operation and maintenance. As Scour Engineer, you combine theoretical understanding of hydrodynamics, seabed morphology, and rock structures with practical implementation in the field in collaboration with contractors and quarries.
Welcome to Seabed & Cables
You’ll be part of Scour & Seabed Mobility where you, together with your colleagues, will provide all seabed change and scour-related assessments and designs. You’ll have direct access to all field data as the department works closely with the geophysical and geotechnical departments. Furthermore, you’ll be able to push development of coastal engineering techniques applied to offshore engineering forward. We are looking for two new candidates based in our Kuala Lumpur office to join a department of 8 highly skilled specialists currently based in Europe and USA.
You’ll play an important role in:
- analysing seabed mobility and forecasting future seabed levels for cables and foundations
- designing scour protections for foundations, cables, and cable crossings
- ensuring quality of construction through quarry visits and liaison with the installation team
- supporting R&D activities for design optimisations
- giving technical advice and coordinating with project managers and engineers from different technical areas across our company.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have, as a minimum, a master’s degree within the field of coastal engineering/natural geography/geophysics/geology or equivalent
- have an analytical mindset and programming skills (preferably MATLAB or Python), GIS knowledge (ESRI software or Global Mapper), and/or knowledge of MIKE/Delft3D or similar for data processing
- have very strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently
- are a sociable person and a team player
- enjoy project work with many internal and external stakeholders and you take on a high degree of personal responsibility.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us, you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 22 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.